Normally, I love summers. However, after staggering around pregnant in stifling southern heat, I’m actually liking fall for the first time. It’s a bit calmer, cooler, and collected. This is the time of year to enjoy a delicious cup of hot cocoa. I’ve been guzzling it like water. Here is a recipe I found in my stash of recipes I will never make. It’s fun looking at them though. I wish everyone a safe and happy holidays. I will return in early 2016 🙂
Homemade Hot Cocoa
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup hot water
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 4 cups milk (Dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the cocoa, sugar, water, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Over medium heat, stir constantly until the mixture boils. Cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Stir in the milk and heat, but do not boil.
- Remove from the heat and add vanilla; stir well. Serve immediately.
Recipe taken from: http://www.momables.com/how-to-make-homemade-hot-cocoa/