It’s hard to believe it’s June. This year has flown by and I haven’t accomplished anything on my New Year’s list. Oh well…
I love summer. I like to walk and it’s so much more fun to be outside when it’s nice and not when it’s freezing. I also love to get my grub on at summer bbqs, parties, etc. I’m a recipe collector, although the truth is they are more likely to gather dust in a drawer than be made. But I like to keep hope alive. This week, I’m going to share some new recipes I’ve come across recently, in honor of summertime eating!! 🙂
*a friend shared this on Facebook. yum.
Garlic Fried Chicken
- 1 to 1½ lb. chicken, sliced into serving pieces
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 piece raw egg
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups cooking oil
- Combine salt, ground black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, Panko Bread crumbs, and all-purpose flour in a mixing bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine the egg and milk in another bowl, and whisk. Set aside.
- Dip the chicken slices in the egg and milk mixture, and then roll in the flour, bredcrumbs, salt, pepper, and paprika mixture until all the sides are evenly coated.
- Heat a deep cooking pot and pour-in the cooking oil.
- When the oil becomes hot, deep-fry the coated chicken in medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until the color turns golden brown. Note: Do not use high heat as it will cook the outer part of the chicken right away while leaving the inside uncooked.
- Turn-off the heat, and then remove the garlic fried chicken from the pot. Let the excess oil drip.