It’s hard to believe we are just a week away from Christmas! 2018 has been the most bizarre year ever. While I am looking forward to 2019, I’m kind of scared to see what the new year will bring. Until then, I guess I will console myself with delicious treats. As y’all know, I love sharing recipes. I came across this mouth-watering dessert. I normally don’t care for pecan anything, but I will make an exception for this! A great dish for the season. Grab a mixing bowel and enjoy 🙂
Caramel Apple Pecan Pie
- 9 apples, peel, core and slice (Granny Smith)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- ¾ cups butter, 1½ sticks
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 stick butter, cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Add sliced apples to large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, corn starch, lemon juice and nutmeg over apples.
Stir until apples are coated then add pecans. Stir.
- In a small heavy bottom pan, melt butter over low heat.
- Stir in brown sugar and milk.
- Bring to a boil over low heat and continue stirring constantly for 12 minutes.
Remove from heat and add 1 tsp of vanilla. Stir.
Let caramel cool for 10 minutes. Pour over apple mixture and stir (save a small amount to drizzle over the top. You will have to heat it up again so that the sauce is easy to pour).
- Pour into an ungreased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt together.
Using a pastry blender, mix butter into flour mixture until crumbly.
- Pour in boiling water and stir until combined.
Spoon mixture over apples and spread making sure to cover all the apples.
In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.
Recipe from Great Grubs Delicious Treats